I find starting any New Year on the right foot is a lot of pressure. Not from the spiritual universe, because they have our back 24/7. The pressure actually comes from the world we ourselves have created both internally and externally.
In terms of inner peace, most days I find many of us worry that we are not enough. Doubts and fears run through our minds creating havoc in our lives. Thoughts like: we are not far enough along on our life path, we have not accomplished enough, we don’t know enough, we aren’t fit enough, pretty enough, healthy enough, knowledgeable enough, talented enough, special enough, evolved enough, and the list goes on.
Externally, our focus can be on notions like we don’t have enough support, we don’t have enough resources, (deep breath in…) we are not wanted enough, appreciated enough, listened to enough, valued enough, loved enough, left alone enough, paid enough, respected enough, encouraged enough, remembered enough, and even that we don’t have enough time to accomplish enough.
Sound familiar? Narrowing it down a bit, do you primarily have an internal fear base on not being enough or an external fear base on not having enough? Either way, I urge you to stop. I don’t profess to be above this problem, but I do know this line of thinking helps no one. And so, with as much compassion and understanding coming from my heart to yours as humanly possible, I am going to yell a little bit here … ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
Are you listening? ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I am enough. You are enough. We are all divinely enough – and then some. In fact, everything about us is perfect in this moment and every other moment that follows. We all have many dreams and ambitions – enough actually. We will all gracefully move forward with life as we are inspired and in those moments, enough will also be enough. There is no need for anyone to feel unworthy or unprepared. Everything is growing and evolving at the perfect pace and in perfect unison with our soul’s growth. The universe provides enough, we were created to be enough and we truly can and will accomplish enough. We are all strong enough, bold enough, beautiful enough and divine enough. We are all unique creations in this universe unlike any other and yet very much a part of the overall masterpiece. So, enough with the self-criticisms and judgments already. It is time to move on.
If you really want to start this New Year on the right foot, start with knowing and standing in the fact that you are divinely enough (which by the way, represents sufficient, adequate, plenty, abundant, plentiful and ample – so yes, you are enough). However, don’t confuse your current state of “being enough” as an excuse or reason not to pursue your goals and ambitions. Pursuing our dreams and passions is the driving force behind evolution on both a personal level and a global one. All I want you to do is to also appreciate yourself for who you already are, what you already have, and what you have already most certainly achieved. In other words, find a healthy balance between loving who you already are and who you aspire to be . To achieve that state of mind, is to achieve inner and outer harmony with your own SOULworks.
Need some help? Here are a few ideas to get your going:
- Feel free to write your list of New Year’s Resolutions and things you want to improve upon in this year, but be sure to also spend the time writing out personal successes or attributes you are already proud of. The scales should be even. For every one thing you still want to expand into, there should also be at least one thing you currently appreciate about yourself and your surroundings.
- If you typically journal, go back over the past year and see how much you have come through, survived, and conquered. If you are not someone who journals, still take the time to sit down and think about your accomplishments. Reviewing the past year is a sacred time to consider all areas of life: the good times and the bad are all important components of your journey to inner balance.
- Make a plan to face some of your fears this year. Start small and take on one little project at a time. To balance that out, be sure to celebrate any and all personal victories and even the little things that you accomplish every single day.
- Take the time to give thanks to a good year, a good day, or even a good moment. This very action allows you to practice the art of gratitude and helps to manifest more of this same vibration.
- Be okay with reaching a point if and when you have simply had enough and are ready for change. Your heart may have new desires or old hurts that are ready to be shifted. Embrace this state of mind as well and know you are worthy ENOUGH to have the life you desire.
This is where I find myself standing today. I figure, enough is enough already – let’s get on with truly loving all of who we are, standing in all of our divine light, expecting enough abundance to always flow into our lives, and experiencing enough magical moments to expand our hearts to their fullest state of glory. Now and forever.