Rules to Live and Work By
First off, I am a self-professed rule breaker so please don’t confuse me with a fully righteous person who does everything by the book! That is just simply not the case. I always follow my intuition and leave my logical mind and societal rules in the dust. But if I were to look very closely into the force that guides me along my own SOULworks, there is always one golden rule I strive to maintain.
What would love do? That is it. The golden rule. The mantra of all mantras. Quite simple really. No matter what is going on in life, I always strive to remember there are always two sides to the story and remember to act out of the place of love instead of fear.
Now, I am not referring to letting people walk all over you and to love them anyways. Nor am I proclaiming to always love the situation you are in without striving to make it better. I am suggesting that you love yourself, honour your feelings, but also see the other side of the situation and honour all others involved. Literally I am asking you to be conscious of how you choose to react and utilize your energy while here on earth. That is it. Simple right?!
Truthfully that is not always the case, so I have written a few examples to help put this into perspective.
- Respect ourselves and each other for what we have to offer. Know that we are all gathered here on this world for a reason. Know that we all do important work. Believe in your ability to represent your higher self and believe in those who cross paths in your life to do the same. If ever you think your work or purpose is better or lesser than anyone else in this world, I want you to shift your perspective and remember that you have come to live a life of love for yourself and spirit. Then also remember that so have the rest of us. Rise above the drama. What would love do?
- Honour everyone’s space. The energy of this universe is already very big and the more aware people become, the bigger the energetic footprint will feel. Everyone of us is sensitive to how we feel around this additional energy. We must remember to be sensitive/observant to our own process while honouring everyone else’s. Remember that we are all just trying to find our way. If you think people are being too loud, too quite, too secretive, too expressive, too demanding, too submissive, too open, too closed, too negative, too positive, too weak, too confident – I want you to look again and also take note of how you are being. Honour that some people are private, some people love to visit, and others prefer to listen. I want you to always honour both sides and then when dealing with the situation, remember to think: What would love do? How would love react?
- Bring positive energy to the table. I realize we all have bad days but please remember to leave old energy patterns and negativity in the old world. We are all here on earth because we chose to be. There is no need to complain about anything. The energy of your life will reflect the energy you are contributing. So remember to be conscious of what vibe you are bringing and come from a place of love and gratitude. How would love want us to learn and grow from this situation? Learning to follow your soul energy instead of your logical mind is key to this development. Your higher self knows the bigger picture and is becoming a more dominant force in your life. Learn to follow the pulls from your heart and leave your doubt and fears behind.
- Be Responsible for You. Remember that we are all responsible for our own growth. The overall success of your own life depends on what you as an individual energetically put into the world. And ultimately, we are still here as individuals to do our own SOULwork even though collectively we are all connected. Are you placing your faith in the process or are you thinking you could do a better/lesser job then everyone else? Are you taking responsibility for your abundance/lack or are you waiting for the universe to deliver? Are you carrying your own load, or are you expecting the world to carry it for you? Are you looking to point blame and negativity or are you taking responsibility to how you choose to be and react? What would love do?
- Inspire. We are all here to help people learn, grow and become closer to spirit. This can only be accomplished when we strive to do our own inner work and to do so in a positive fashion. Please remember to respect each other and strive to honour that everyone is on their own unique journey. If your words are not uplifting, motivational or conducive to healing – strive to change them. Love can be tough, but it does not need to scare or intimidate. Every day is magical. Every day we have the potential to make it an amazing day for anyone who crosses our path. What would love do?
- Community Spirit. This does not mean that we all have to be best of friends with everyone. This means that we are striving to build a world of freedom and that we respect what we are all bring to the table. If ever there is a situation that makes you feel defensive, scared, fearful, resentful, negative, angry or belittled, I want you to remember that you are the one in control of how you will react. Choose love.